Friday, December 31, 2010

a year in reflection:

for the last 20 years, i have taken the last day of the year to reflect on the year that is ending. i gather my list of firsts for myself, the accomplishments and disappointments, the fun times and the sadness, and i record them, to look back on and remember when i am old and senile.

it seems the older i get, the fewer firsts i experience. i have to look beyond the obvious (first kiss, first date, first car) and explore the more in depth firsts. 

i'm not giving away all my firsts for you to read, but i will share a few:

it was the first time i put my whole heart and soul into something i believed i could do
i flew across the country with 2 kids
i took my own breath away with one of my images 
i made a quilt
i sent a child off to school
i became a godmother
my images were published
i switched to a mac
i set myself up for failure, on purpose

thank you all for supporting my through my first year as a photographer. i am excited to unveil my new logo (if you didn't notice, scroll back to the top and check it out!) and the facelift the website had (just a few minor tweaks done here and there, and a new archive gallery). 

a few of my favorites from this past year...



























i wish you all a safe, and joyous new year, and look forward to what 2011 brings us all! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers

About Me

My photo
wife of 1, mother of 2, the youngest of 3. a creative soul who expresses it through photography and sewing. (and baking, painting, writing, and anything else that would fall into a "fine arts" description)